Baseball forecast: our experts share their tips with you
Few people really care about the baseball prognosis. However, this sport is one of the most profitable at the present time. This is why we have decided to take a serious look at this little known sport in Europe but very popular in North America and Japan. In this article, discover our tips for making your sports prediction and start making money.
The best competitions for your baseball predictions
Certain competitions are preferred for your baseball predictions. First of all because they welcome the best players in the world, but also because they offer regular baseball prognosis opportunities. Here are the major competitions of this sport:
- Major League Baseball (MLB) : from March to October, 30 franchises compete for the title of champion. The North American league is the most famous and popular, and offers many games throughout the season.
- Nippon Professional Baseball (NPB) : from April to October, 12 Japanese teams compete for the number one spot. Baseball is a very popular sport in Japan, with most of the games viewed by millions of viewers.
- The World Baseball Classic : brings together the best world nations every 4 years. Bettors specializing in baseball enjoy this competition because they can rigorously analyze the players selected in each country.
3 types of bets to favor when making your baseball prediction
Baseball is a particular sport which therefore involves specific bets. We are now going to reveal the types of bets to favor for your baseball prediction:
- Paris Money Line : here you bet on the final winner of a match. You therefore need to have an overview of the match, the strengths and weaknesses of each team. This is the most common and accessible type of bet.
- Paris Run Line : this type of bet is the equivalent of a handicap bet in other sports. Certain confrontations are on paper unbalanced, and therefore the bookmaker attributes positive or negative handicaps to the teams. In this way, you can bet on matches that were not interesting in the money line.
- Total Bets : here you place a bet on the total number of points that will be scored in a match. Each team gets 27 outs to score as many points as possible. If two defensive teams face off, bet on a total number of weak points.
3 tips for betting on baseball
In baseball, external factors can greatly influence the outcome of a game. It is therefore essential to consider them when you decide to bet on baseball. Here are 3 factors to consider:
- Field Size : Baseball stadium dimensions vary. This data can therefore vary the number of points scored. The Chase Field or the Coord Field are for example famous for hosting matches rich in points, unlike AT&T Park and Safeco Field. So always check where the meeting takes place.
- The Weather : With a baseball weighing around 145 grams, it is obvious that weather conditions play a major role in the game. Temperature, humidity and especially wind are therefore parameters to be taken into consideration.
- Coach’s Choices : The MLB is a league that requires each team to have 162 games per season. It is therefore normal for the coaches to rest certain players. So check this information before betting because one or more absent major players can make a big difference.
The pros and cons of baseball sports betting
Getting into baseball sports betting therefore has advantages but also certain disadvantages. We’ve listed them so you know what to expect if you decide to bet on the sport.
- The sport with the most matches per season.
- Very interesting odds.
- Analysis possibilities for connoisseurs.
- Many surprises because of the number of matches.
- Learning that can take a few months.
- The difficulty in finding good baseball bookmakers.